This site will look much better in a browser that supports
current web standards, but it is accessible
to any browser or Internet device.
Craftcave was our original web site and now that our sphere
has grown to include several popular sites we still keep it around - more
for nostalgia than anything else.
This site is owned and operated by:
Bobby's Craft Boutique Inc.
Although we offer a huge variety of products and services,
we are a small family run business. Every customer is important to us and
we strive to treat every customer like a friend.
Established: March 1994
President: Jackie Sherman
Vice President: Bob Sherman
Bob Sherman is our tech support person. Bob has extensive expertise in several
molding / casting crafts and several other artisan crafts as well. He is the
author of four books, several hundred how to and project articles, and videos.
His extensive experience includes:
- Candle Making - 41+ years.
- Chocolate Making - 19+ years.
- Plaster Casting - 28+ years.
- Leather Carving - 15+ years.
Other Web Sites
Our business started as an internet only business back in the mid 1990's.
Although we had a walk in storefront from 2000 until 2013, we are once again
an internet only business.
Other sites we run:
- Our shopping site which offers thousands of crafting products as well as
a wealth of free projects and instructions.
- A shopping site for everything chocolate which also includes loads of free
projects and instructions.
History Of Craftcave.com
- 1994 - E-commerce was still in its infancy but we were
exploring business possibilities.
- 1995 - The original concept of Craftcave was to be an online
craft mall type business and the initial site was designed as such.
- 1996 - Quite by accident we discovered a huge demand for
pro grade candle supplies in retail quantities and the entire direction
of the business changed to that. Craftcave became the first major web presence
in the candle supply industry.
- 1997 - Soap making supplies were added to the line.
- 1998 - Chocolate molds were added to the line. Initially
we promoted these for use in candle and soap making.
- 1999 - By this time craftcave.com was a major web destination
with and average of 950,000 visitors a month. Incense making supplies were
added to the product line.
- 2000 - As we noticed more and more customers buying chocolate
molds for making chocolate, we began to expand into other chocolate making
- 2001 - Leather working supplies were added to the line.
- 2002 - We expanded the line to include plaster craft molds.
- 2003 - Due to advances in internet technology and software,
we decided to do a complete overhaul of the site as much of the design had
become obsolete over the years. To avoid disruptions in service, a completely
new site was built using the most up to date software at onestopcandle.com
Craftcave was retired with just a few dozen pages left as a place holder.
If you wish to view a slice of internet history, dozens of our original
web pages can still be accessed here(Note: these
pages were designed for 800 x 600 screen resolution and do not display well
at the higher resolutions popular these days).
- 2009 - Live classes and parties were introduced at our
storefront. Craftcave received a facelift as the information portal for
Home > About Craftcave
This site is best when viewed in 1024 x 768 or higher screen
resolution in a web standards compliant browser.